Veterans' Opportunities Fair
Our nation’s veterans have given so much to our country, and we owe them a great debt of gratitude for the sacrifices they have made for the rest of us. Congressman Visclosky intends to make sure we pay that debt to those who have given so very much.
As such, Congressman Visclosky is hosting a Veterans’ Opportunities Fair. The fair will bring together employers, healthcare organizations, and housing services, with the goal of providing veterans information on the support available to them from federal agencies and veterans’ services organizations, and to alert them to local job opportunities.
The details of the event are as follows:
Saturday, March 31, 2012
11:00AM – 2:00PM CST
Indiana University Northwest
Savannah Center Gym
3400 Broadway, Gary, Indiana 46408
*This event is open to the public and free of charge.
Please note that 3 rooms will be used for this event.
Speakers will present in the Moraine Student Center Lounge.
Resume workshops will be set up in Savannah 205/206 (Upstairs).
Booths will be set up in the Gym.
10:30 – 11:00AM Registration
11:00AM – 2:00PM Fair will be open for the duration of the event.
Moraine Student Center Lounge Schedule:
11:05 – 11:10AM Welcome: Chancellor William Lowe
11:10 – 11:15AM Welcome: Congressman Pete Visclosky
11:15 – 11:45AM Presentations
Veterans Health Administration
Michael Gates, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Coordinator, Homeless Programs, Jesse Brown VA Medical Center
Lauran Olson, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Veterans Justice Outreach Program, Jesse Brown VA Medical Center
Veterans Benefits Administration
John W. Pennington, Captain U.S. Army Retired, Legal Administrative Public Contact Outreach Specialist, Casualty Assistance Officer
Savannah 205/206 (Upstairs) Schedule:
12:00 – 12:30PM WorkOne Resume Workshop
1:00 – 1:30PM WorkOne Resume Workshop
Thank you for your involvement in Congressman Visclosky’s Veterans’ Opportunities Fair. In order to ensure that the event runs smoothly, please note the following details.
- Each participating organization will be allotted one 6’ x 30” table and a table covering. If you will need additional space, or if these dimensions significantly exceed your space needs, please follow up with event contact Evan Williamson, and we will try to accommodate.
- If you will need access to an electrical outlet, please let us know beforehand so that your booth is positioned close to a plug. Please note that extension cords and power strips will not be provided by the facility, so participants are encouraged to bring these should the need arise.
- Participating organizations are asked to arrive no earlier than 9:30AM and no later than 10:00AM. Guest registration begins at 10:30AM.
- If you have not already, please let Evan know what materials and/or activities you will host at your booth.
- If you have not done so, please also follow up with Evan about the number of people your organization will have at your booth.