Pete and his staff respect the privacy of visitors and all those who come in contact with the office—be it in-person, through the website, or by mail, phone, or email. Therefore, every effort is made to ensure only such personal information as is needed to provide the information, service, or assistance that you request.
Information Collected Automatically
If you visit the website to browse, read, or download information:
- Your browser automatically sends the office (and the office may retain) information such as the:
- Internet domain through which you access the Internet (e.g., yourServiceProvider.com if you use a commercial Internet service provider, or yourSchool.edu if you use an Internet account from your school);
- Internet Protocol address of the computer you are using;
- type of browser software and operating system you are using;
- date and time you access the site; and
- the Internet address of the site from which you linked directly to this site.
- The office uses this information as aggregate data to help maintain this site, e.g., to determine the number of visitors to different sections of the site, to ensure the site is working properly, and to help make the site more accessible and useful.
- The office will not use this information to identify individuals, except for site security or law enforcement purposes.
Other Information We Collect
If you choose to identify yourself (or otherwise provide the office with personal information) when you call, write, send e-mail, or use online forms:
- If you request information, services, or assistance, the office may disclose your personal information to those third parties that are deemed appropriate in order to fulfill your request. If, when you provide the office with such information, you specify that you do not want the office to disclose the information to third parties, your request will be honored. Note, however, that If you do not provide such information, it may be impossible for the office to refer, respond to, or fulfill your request.
- If your communication relates to a law enforcement matter, the office may disclose the information to law enforcement agencies that are deemed appropriate.
How Long We Keep Information
The office may keep information that is collected for an unlimited period of time.
Please note that electronic communication, particularly e-mail, is not necessarily secure against interception. Please do not send sensitive data (e.g., Social Security, bank account, or credit card numbers) by e-mail or Web form.
2256 Rayburn HOB
Washington, D.C. 20515
Phone: (202) 225-2461Fax: (202) 225-2493