Be Fire Smart, Keep Your Family Safe
Every second counts in the event of a fire. Exercise proper preparation, and keep your family safe by following these steps:
- Place smoke detectors on every level of the house, particularly outside of sleeping areas.
- Test your smoke detectors monthly and replace the batteries at least twice a year. A tip to remember: change the batteries when you change your clocks for daylight saving time.
- Keep a multi-purpose fire extinguisher in your kitchen.
- Keep matches, lighters, candles, and all other flammables out of the reach of children.
- Bring your family together and devise a plan for what to do in the event of a fire, including escape routes and a meeting place at a safe distance from your home.